So, you just installed beautiful, new artificial grass in your yard. Now the pressure is on to keep it looking perfectly brand new. Yes, your new artificial grass comes with a warranty, but not a cleaning service. How are you to properly take care of your new artificial grass you might ask? We’re here to help! The maintenance for artificial turf is very little, but it’s not completely eliminated altogether. We want your new artificial turf to last for years and years to come, so here’s an easy guide to keep it lasting for as long as possible. Follow these six steps to properly take care of your new artificial grass:
- You should regularly “brush” through the artificial grass to keep the area free from leaves and debris. You can use a rake, broom, or leaf blower to achieve this. This will keep the area looking perfectly clean.
- Over time with heavy foot traffic or heavier objects constantly going over the artificial turf, the turf fibers might begin to lay flat. Using a broom, you can help keep these fibers standing up and prevent them from laying down. When you regularly use a broom to brush off the leaves and debris, this will keep the fibers standing up.
- If you have pets that use the artificial grass, it might begin to smell over time. To keep this from happening, you will need to water down the artificial grass occasionally, and use an odor spray such as OdoBan to keep the bad smell away.
- Washing the turf down with a garden hose occasionally will also keep dust and dirt from making the turf appear faded.
- If your yard has weeds, you will want to spray the turf with a weed killer to prevent the weeds from growing up through the artificial grass or around the edges. Nothing looks worse or ruins artificial grass more than some nasty weeds. With our artificial turf, you can also just simply rake them away if they appear.
- If your artificial grass is installed close to a window, you will want to make sure your windows have some sort of window film over them to prevent the turf from burning, melting, and discoloring.
If you have any other questions or concerns about taking care of your artificial turf, feel free to ask! Give us a call for a free estimate today at 877-405-5296!