Wanting to completely redo and renovate your yard, but don’t know where to start? Start off by getting an idea of want you’re wanting the design and landscaping to look like. Get some inspiration to help get you motivated into actually doing the makeover. We all want that curb appeal and oasis backyard, but how do we know what we actually want until we see it? Here are places to start looking at first for that landscape inspiration:
- Look around your own neighborhood. Take a drive and look at the design and landscaping of your neighbors’ yards, especially the ones with the same model as your home. If it works for their home, it’ll work for yours. See what you like and don’t like so you can go from there on what you’re looking for.
- Pinterest is a great place to get inspiration. There are so many boards for landscape and exterior design that your creative juices will be flowing before you know it. Search landscape inspiration and outdoor inspiration boards first. Some interior designers even share their outdoor design makeovers too. Pinterest is perfect for finding inspiration for any type of outdoor makeover.
- Look at the galleries on your local landscaper’s, contractor’s and designer’s websites. Most professionals should have a gallery of their work on their website to showcase what they can do. This will not only give you some more inspiration, but it will also give you a good idea of what is even possible to get done in the area and city you live in. You don’t want to hire someone to do a job when they have no experience in doing it. For example, here at ProLawn Turf, we have a gallery of our recent jobs under “Portfolio” on our website.
- Instagram and Facebook are other great places to look for inspiration. Using hashtags and locations, you can search keywords for inspiration to find what you’re looking for.
- Model homes are another great place to look at landscape inspiration in person. Just look up the office address for the new model homes in your area so you can check out how they did the landscaping and exterior. It’s completely free to go and look at them, and it gives you something else to do that day as well!
- Looking at home tours on YouTube can also give you some ideas on how you could possibly do your landscaping and exterior. Just search keywords and watch away!
These are all easy ways to get inspiration for your new landscape and exterior makeover adventure. These ideas just give you a good place to start. When you’re ready to make the jump and are wanting artificial grass installed, don’t forget to give us a call for a free estimate at 877-405-5296!